You will be responsible for the overall day to day operation of the laboratory and quality function. You will work closely with the departmental heads in order to maximize the operational efficiency of the lab, while maintaining high levels of safety, quality and service. You will ensure that the laboratory operation has both the capability and capacity to deliver the services required to support the testing function whilst driving operational excellence.
This ideal person will be degree educated with a chemistry discipline and with over 5 years Laboratory experience. You will have a good background understanding of chemistry plus experience with complex mixtures. You need to be self-motivated and able to lead by example, displaying excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels. Knowledge of the operation of 9001:2015 accredited laboratory and a full UK driving license essential.
- Oversee the day to day running of the quality function team.
- Provide leadership and Direction in the areas of process and product improvement.
- Working closely with the production and sales departments on all products.
- Ensure the quality control and quality management systems are maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided and to identify any non-conformities in quality as they occur. Implementing corrective actions.
- Liaising with senior management regarding workload, targets and performance.
- Offering support and guidance to other employees.
- Improvise new ideas to develop to contribute to the department’s success.
- Ensure that the environmental conditions of the laboratory are appropriate for the testing performed and provide a safe environment meeting regulatory requirements.
- Ensure operational adherence to applicable policies, standard operating procedures and methods by all operational staff.
- Establish where necessary and maintain existing operational standards for cost control, quality, safety and on-time delivery.
- Ensure all equipment/instrumentations are properly maintained and serviced complying with regulatory standards where applicable and/or to ensure proper performance and function.
- Daily rounds of the laboratory to judge the effectiveness of operation, utilization of staff and creating/influencing an environment in which staff perform, grow, contribute and enjoy their work.
- Identify laboratory training needs and look at ways to develop the required skills to align with the resource plans as well as maintaining the training requirements for all lab technicians and analysts.
This is a permanent role offering a competitive salary.
Monday to Friday 7-5, 23 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Pension scheme, Free Parking, Regular Health checks, Eye Care vouchers.
If you would like to learn more please feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org