To manage the Engineering department for the BPI Recycled Products site in Wimblington.
The individual must have proven experience of working within a manufacturing environment. You must have knowledge and experience of continuous improvement practices and methodology. Experience of H&S issues within a manufacturing environment. Experience of undertaking H&S Risk Assessments, writing safe working procedures, issuing work permits. You also need to have proven experience managing a team/department. Proficiency in IT, and all Microsoft packages and a full UK driving license is essential.
- Oversee the effective maintenance, installation and removal of all site machinery and relevant facilities
- Proactively looking for improvements for the department to increase efficiency.
- Encourage and applaud colleagues’ initiatives with regard to improving efficiency for the department.
- Fully support agreed company backed initiatives
- Manage and maintain high levels of product quality in accordance with the Company’s policy.
- Manage environmental requirements in accordance with the Company’s policy.
- Manage Health & Safety requirements in accordance with the Company’s policy.
- Attendance of bi-weekly site meetings reporting on the department’s activities to all levels of the business including analysis and reporting of KPI’s.
- Promote and develop the personnel within the department through training, experience and appraisals, including any changes in line with business requirements that may arise.
- Human Resource activities including absence control, performance management, payroll, time management (adhering to the Working Time Reg’s), holiday entitlement, overtime cover.
- As part of the management team, provide an out of hours ‘on-call’ service.
- Recruitment, selection and retention of department employees.
- Maintenance of the site’s environment both internally and externally in regard to housekeeping and security.
- Regular audits and inspections.
- Has a ‘hands-on’ pro-active position, take an active part in all activities within the department as the need arises.
- Ensure the skills of the engineering department is consistent with the needs of the business
- Budget management
- Regular and clear communication with senior management and key personnel
This is a permanent role offering a negotiable salary.
If you would like to learn more please feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org